DİSK Chairman Arzu Çerkezoğlu, our union Chairman Kazım Doğan, our union Merter Branch President Asalettin Arslanoğlu and Gıda-İş President Seyit Aslan also attended our leaflet distribution in Merter.
We want to make a living, we want to live humanely, and we call on you to shout in unison in the 1 May squares:
- Increases in electricity, water, natural gas and internet bills should be withdrawn, invoices should be exempted from all taxes.
- All wages, especially the minimum wage, should be increased. The lowest pension should be reduced to at least the minimum wage level, and the pension rights of EYT members should be given.
- The tax burden on wages should be reduced, and a fair tax system should be established in which those who earn a lot pay more.
- All forms of precarious employment should be ended and everyone should be provided with secure employment.
- The most important way for the working class to compensate for the loss of income is the right to unionize and strike collective bargaining. All obstacles to the exercise of trade union rights must be removed.
- We distributed leaflets in the city center of Bilecik in the morning, and then on the Merter/Zeytinburnu bridges at the end of the working day, in order to inform all employees about meeting at Maltepe Square on May 1st.
Bilecik representative Dilek Yüksel also participated in the distribution of the paper.